Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Urgent question concerning our dryer...?

I was throwing in a load of clothes to dry and our daughter's doll bottle went DOWN the lint catcher at the back of the dryer. I can't reach it.





1. How do I remove it?


2. If I run the dryer, is this going to start a fire?





My husband is at work and is going to flip when he finds out. I just moved the bottle to the left and hit it with my elbow. Before I could catch it- down the vent it went.





HELP! (please)



I wouldn't run it if I were you. Not seeing the particular dryer, I can only guess but you'll probably end up either opening the top or back to get it out. On some this is fairly easy. If you have to open the back, you've got to move it away from the wall. BE SURE TO UNPLUG THE POWER CORD BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT ANY OF THIS. Also, if it's a gas dryer you may need to call a licensed plumber or gas fitter in order to move it. Oh, on some, you can lift the top up kind of like a car hood. REMEMBER - UNPLUG THE POWER FIRST!





EDIT 23:03 EDT - Gas. I was afraid you'd say that. If there is a flexible gas line connected you may be able to carefully move it (are those flexible lines even legal anymore?) TURN OFF GAS BEFORE MOVING!.. Otherwise I do not recommend tampering with the gas line as a gas leak can have catastrophic consequences.





EDIT 23:39 EDT - As I think on this, I suspect you may find the bottle in or near the blower fan assembly. Good luck.




How is it possible for a doll bottle to go through a lint trap????? Unless you didn't put the trap in. Even so, you can easily retrieve it. The exhaust isn't stong enough to send it out the exhaust vent. And, with the heat, you should have Barbie plastic all over your clothes. Just to put your mind at ease, no, it wont cause a fire..a bad smell maybe, but no fire. Most dryer fires are caused by years of dried up and flammable lint. Not Barbies




If it went down the lint catcher, it'll be simple enough to retrieve.


Your going to have to pull the dryer out and take off the vent pipe.


You'll find there.




It will most likely melt if you run the dryer, possibly start a fire.


Can you see it with a light? Can you vacuum it out?


What about a thin stick with double sided tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment