Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can I use the same type of soil for Succulent/cactus plants?

Hi like to plant some cactus like plants such as Lithops, alone with Haworthia. it is for indoors as I live in a cold country and I would also like to know what soil i need . I hope someone can help...





many thanks...



any compost but with up to 50% grit sand added (for drainage and helps to protect against %26quot;neck rot%26quot; at the soil surface.


DO NOT use soft (builders sand)


some of the cacti/succulents from the southern hemisphere tend to grow in the winter and are not so hardy.


enjoy the plants




You need a well draining soil, sandy. Remember with Lithops they need a dry period, usually no water from October until April, then once watered they bloom. So they are best grown in a pot alone. I topped the pot off with pebbles, as the Lithops also look like pebbles.




For cacti,it should contain sand.


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment