Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I need a combination of color to paint my living room- dinning room ( L shape and they share a wall)?

I have a big window in one side and French doors in another side, a long wall and a kitchen Island. What colors should I paint? Can I paint each side one color? what do you think?
Paint the long shared wall one color. Then, paint the living room walls another color and the kitchen yet another color. I just did a three color combination similar to your layout. The living room was painted green, the common wall a golden tan and the kitchen/jdoining a rusty burnt clay red. It looks amazing and oh so inviting. The color on the long wall seems to cleanse the pallet between the rooms. It all looks very cohesive.



So, go ahead and pick three colors that go well with your decor. Many of the paint companies have sample color brochures that they put together to help with ideas. Think outside of the box. First pick your living room color, then your kitchen color and then find a color that goes with them both for the one long wall. Paint all trim a creamy color, like the color of Hellman

No comments:

Post a Comment